Software Projects from Johnny Group
The starting point in executing projects is to first understand what a project is and, just as importantly, what it is not.
Projects exist to bring about a product or service that hasn’t existed before. In this sense, a project is unique. Unique means that this is new; this has never been done before. Maybe it’s been done in a very similar fashion before but never exactly in this way.
A project is completed when its goals and objectives are accomplished. It is these goals that drive the project, and all the planning and implementation efforts undertaken to achieve them.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) defines a project as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result.
A successful project is one that meets or exceeds the expectations of the stakeholders. At Johnny Group, that is what we desire to achieve at all times.
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques applied to project activities in order to meet the project requirements. Project management is a process that includes planning, putting the project plan into action, and measuring progress and performance.
We apply the ideal Project Management Principles and with experience to prevent any force majeure.
With the following guidelines, we set up for ourselves a successful software project:-
- Establishing clear communication paths where roles are well-defined and everyone knows who handles what, key contact persons are easily identified.
- Defining best practices and conventions.
- Creating a meaningful Definition of "Done".
- Choosing an appropriate continuous integration system.
- Choosing appropriate tools and applications.
- Defining the appropriate environments required for the project.
- Using version control systems.
- Using appropriate Test Tools and engaging in Standard Software Testing.